About Heart Center at St. Mark's
The Heart Center at St. Mark's cares for patients who have heart diseases and problems. Our highly trained cardiologists are experts in treating many cardiovascular conditions, including coronary artery disease, hypertension, congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias. We provide this care as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
To schedule an appointment, call us at (801) 266-3418.
Our cardiovascular services
We offer a variety of services for people with heart conditions, including:
Specialists at the Heart Center at St. Mark’s are the first in Utah to work together to use convergent ablation as an option for people with the type of atrial fibrillation, or AFib, that is the most difficult to treat.
These heart specialists are among only a limited number nationwide who are combining their expertise to offer one of the most advanced AFib treatments available today. Their team approach is improving the lives of patients with the most common form of cardiac arrhythmia who have not responded well to catheter ablations and other treatments.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Our cardiovascular care team is now performing a lifesaving procedure for patients with aortic valve stenosis who can't have traditional open-heart surgery. This advanced TAVR procedure is performed in only a very small number of hospitals in the U.S. In fact, St. Mark’s Hospital is proud to be one of only three locations in Utah offering this option.
Other cardiovascular services
We offer many other cardiac services, including the following diagnostic procedures and treatments:
- Ambulatory monitoring
- Arrhythmia treatments
- Atherosclerosis atherectomy
- Atherosclerosis endarterectomy
- Biventricular pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD-Bi-V) device therapy for patients with heart failure
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac closure devices for patent foramen ovale (PFO) and atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Cardioverter defibrillator
- Cardiac devices
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Carotid stenting
- Catheter ablation
- Convergent ablation
- Coronary calcium scan
- Coumadin clinic
- Dobutamine echocardiogram
- Echocardiogram with and without contrast
- Electrophysiology study
- Exercise stress test
- Hybrid ablation
- Left atrial appendage closure
- Lead extraction
- Lipid management (cholesterol)
- Mitral valve regurgitation clip
- Non-invasive testing for vascular disease
- Nuclear stress test
- Pacemaker implants
- Pharmacological nuclear stress test
- Research studies
- Stress echocardiogram
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Where to find us
Our offices are affiliated with St. Mark’s Hospital and are located throughout the Salt Lake area.